For more information on strategic planning at Richmond, contact Lori Schuyler, chief of staff to the president, at (804) 289-8100.
The President's Office is dedicated to shepherding the future of the University of Richmond through such initiatives as the University's strategic plan, The Richmond Promise; development of campus buildings and facilities under the Campus Master Plan; and ensuring the performance of student-athletes, in the classroom and on the field, through the Athletics Strategic Plan.
Strategic Plan: The Richmond Promise
The ambitious strategic plan laid out for the University of Richmond is called The Richmond Promise. It stands on five interlocking commitments, each of which reinforces the others. As the plan comes to fruition the University of Richmond promises:
- A learning environment unlike any other in higher education, offering students an extraordinary combination of traditional strengths in the liberal arts with law, business, leadership studies, and continuing education
- A distinctly integrated student experience, coordinating a rich and innovative life for students inside and outside of the classroom, with excellent programs as varied as international study, arts, and athletics
- A defining spirit of opportunity and welcome to excellent students, faculty, and staff of all means and backgrounds, sustained through a bold program of financial aid, a dedication to fairness in all that we do, and an authentic culture of inclusivity that seeks and prizes diversity of experience, belief, and thought
- A determination to engage as a meaningful part of the Richmond community, of the nation, and of the world, drawing on our long commitment and well-established foundations for such work
- A commitment to operate as a model institution of higher education, sustaining a superb faculty and staff and administering the institution with the highest standards of innovation and professionalism
The University’s Campus Master Plan will guide the development of campus for the next decade, with an eye toward fulfilling the aims of The Richmond Promise. The plan will ensure the University is a responsible steward of the campus and the environment, while finding ways to better connect and integrate the University community in support of the academic mission.